Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Firstfruits

Shout out to Mama Burton:
H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

Shout out to Ben:
H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y ! ! !
(Two days ago)

Shout out to the Earth:
H A P P Y   E A R T H   D A Y ! ! !

I think that covers all necessary shout outs for the week. We've had
another enjoyable week in Poughkeepsie. Unfortunately, most of our
investigators disappeared for the week and our appointments cancelled,
but I've dealt with weeks like that before. It just means the Lord has
someone else He wants us to find who's ready for the Gospel. So we hit
the streets! Knocking doors until our knuckles bruise and saying hello
to people until the word doesn't feel in our mouths. 
For 
the most part our finding has been unsuccessful, but we did have a bit of luck. OnSunday, we had just twenty minutes before we had to be at the
Ashworth's for dinner. Elder Glick picked a street and three houses
down a woman named D* answered with a little girl peeping out from
behind her leg. We explained who we were and started talking about
religion with her. She said she had been going to a baptist church,
but just wasn't feeling it, so she was looking for a new church. Yes!
We gave her the local LDS church address. Then she told us she was
already planning on checking out our church because she has a friend
who's a member over in New Paltz. Yes! Then she told us she wants to
sit down with us sometime and learn more. YES!!! Unless she has a
husband who wants to take the lessons to, we're going to pass her off
to the sister missionaries, but still, she's golden! On another day we
ran into a guy named B* who told us to come back tomorrow, so we'll
see how that goes.

In other news, the first of the flowers have appeared and allergy
season has most emphatically made it's debut. Spring in New York is
going to be rough. I might claw my eyes out before the end for how
itchy they are! I know it's Earth Day, and I love trees, but do there
have to be so darn many of them???

We did have a good Word of Wisdom lesson with K* this week. He's got
quite a bit to work on, but he's completely willing. He said he wants
us to call or text him everyday to keep him on track. I think we
finally be getting him to take this seriously! On a separate note, as
a result of meeting with K* and his friends, I'm starting to figure
out how to speak like and understand people from the ghetto.

That's all I have for now. I'm now taking Elder Glick to the Walkway
Over the Hudson, and I may have photos from that later. For now,
here's a picture Elder Glick taking a picture of me.
Note: this is from the beginning of the week. The trees in the
background are 
n​
ow all in bloom.
Love you all!

-Elder Samuel Burton





Here's a picture of me two hundred feet above the Hudson River.

No comments:

Post a Comment